Monday, March 10, 2014

Good weekend--could spring be coming?

We had bright, warm sunshine on the weekend, with the sun high in the sky.  That was different!  Yesterday was a spectacular day, though a bit cold (in the teens, maybe up to 20).  Saturday was warm.  I drove around both days, enjoying the book I'm listening to (Jacob's oath, by Martin Fletcher) and having a nice time with the dogs.  We went to the dump on Sat., then to Marylou's to drop off the book group book.  Yesterday I drove to the hardware store to get birdseed and suet.  The snow was bright.  I walked to the Holts yesterday afternoon to pick up some things for them.  Very, very nice walk.  The dogs stayed with me until we almost got home, then they trotted down the hill.  Nothing I offered was better than a visit to the neighbors (who aren't there).

Saturday night I had dinner with some really nice people, friends of Roger & Monica Gray's.  They live in Redford in a wonderful house with a great view of Lyon Mountain.  They have horses, chickens, a great blue heeler dog, and lots of cats.  Their house looks out over the horse pasture--better than television!  It was a very nice evening, I really enjoyed meeting the people.

Went to P&J's yesterday and heard very disturbing news from Boston.  There's too much bad news these days.  I'll worry about Mrs. N but will think good, positive thoughts and send her strength.

Not a whole lot going this week, but it looks as if I'll FINALLY get my car fixed tomorrow.  YAY.  Not happy with the way the insurance adjuster handled this whole thing, but I won't have to pay for tomorrow's work.  I'll need to get a ride to & from work, but that shouldn't be a problem.  They say it will take 5-6 hours to fix.

I'm supposed to go to the Wadhams library for a consultant visit on Weds. but that might be cancelled--they came here last week and I think we covered all we needed to.

My mother's birthday is Thursday (as is Mrs. N's)--she's turning double 8's.  Did she ever think she'd be 88?  No, she didn't.  Amazing to think of.  My father would be 102 this year, and Ken would have been 100 last week.  We celebrated Ken's birthday yesterday with delicious donuts and yum-yums.

Lin reports the birth of a second lamb.  They named the first one Gwenyth.  Awwwww.

Dogs are behaving fairly well.  They disappeared for 3 hours on Saturday, and the other night they ended up at P&J's on their own.  THAT was not good.  Treasure has been sick for a week or so but now seems better.  She ate enough rice to feed a family of 4 for a year, but it seems to have cleared up whatever intestinal issues she was having.  Tess is just great.

I don't much like the time change--it was nice and light in the morning when I got up, now it's pitch black.  Do I like having an extra hour of daylight at the end of the day?  Not particularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment