Thursday, August 25, 2016

Boat ride


 Went on a wonderful boat ride last night with friends: here is the boat house, looking quite imposing and sturdy.
And here's our shore front--the small cabin on the water is the one communal sleeping cabin.  There are 6 sleeping cabins, one for each of the 5 Rogers families, and Dockside, the one pictured here.

It was a great boat ride, we went around the whole lake and were reminded how lucky we are to have so much "forever wild" state land at Silver Lake.

I've been working on my house, just cleaning cleaning cleaning and trying to reach some kind of peace with the place.  It's overwhelming and I can't keep up with it, but I do like living here.  I have a college friend coming next week, the reason for my frenzy.  Tomorrow I'll go to Plattsburgh for groceries, lunch with Julie and errands.  Today I'll go to AuSable Forks to mail a letter to my mother and buy some wine and the very nice local liquor store there.  And I'll clean my 2 bathrooms, oh yes I will.  Oh how I hate cleaning bathrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment