Saturday, August 27, 2016

Making progress, taking breaks

My cleaning work is coming along.  If only I'd learn to do this OFTEN, it wouldn't be such a chore.  I finished the upstairs bathroom, which included cleaning the shower and washing the floor.  I got started on the downstairs bathroom and dusted/swept the stairs.  Boy that doesn't sound like much, but I'm closing in on the end of my list.  Tonight I'll finish with the downstairs bathroom.  I think I'll have to wash the upstairs floor--it's rough pine boards and I don't think sweeping or Swiffering will get rid of the dust.  There's a clean path from the top of the stairs to the bathroom, duh, but the floor will look good when I finish.  I have vacuuming to do and, worst of all, mowing the lawn.  I did some path clearing at the foot of the deck stairs, which is a huge improvement.  Now I must mow mow mow.  But not NOW, it's too hot.

I took a break this afternoon and spent 2 1/2 hours with Linda on her dock.  It was glorious, warm sun and cool water, lots of swimming.  Oh so pleasant.

I went to the dump and to AuSable this morning, always feels good to get rid of things.  I had coffee with Fred and Linda, looking from F's porch to a calm and gorgeous lake.  Ahhhhhh, this is a nice time of year.

1 comment:

  1. I changed the settings! I think people can now comment here, give it a try

    ReplyDelete