Friday, February 10, 2017

Ccccccold morning

It's not really THAT cold, but the house is not warm because it's so windy.  Temp this morning was -2, now it's up to 1.  I wasn't conscientious about the fire so the living room got down to 57 and is slow to respond to the hot fire I now have.  I'd forgotten what it's like to wear warm clothes, I've been relaxing in t-shirts and bare feet for too long.  Not today.

It was a good week.  I had a successful time at the doctor's, my cholesterol and glucose levels have improved since my last visit--thank you, treadmill and Weight Watchers.  The doctor was thrilled--we all love positive reinforcement, don't we? so I liked seeing him.

I went to the gym on Weds. morning and again on Thursday, met Carol there and had a good time.  yes, a good time.  I don't overdo it for sure but I get enough exercise at my pace.  I've increased the incline instead of speed.  I don't want to risk having an asthma attack so I just plod along like a workhorse.  It works.

Last night I had dinner with the Ruders and Carol and it was a lot of fun.  A cold night but their house is warm.  They're good friends and I didn't eat too much (but maybe drank a glass too many of the great wine)(and the Manhattan didn't help but boy was it delicious).

Today I'm going to the movies with Lin & Ralph, we're going to Lion after lunch in Plattsburgh.  Should be fun.

I need to get to the dump one of these days but it doesn't seem to work out.  "My" dump is only open until noon tomorrow and I'm meeting Julie at 10 in Keene so that won't work.  Hmmm   Maybe I'll g on Monday instead, that's the next time my dump is open.  Must be I don't have a lot to report if doing to the dump is what I write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment