Monday, February 06, 2017

Oops

So much for my efforts at posting often.  I keep thinking I have nothing to report but then time goes by and I see from my calendar that there are things I could write about.

Last week was pretty busy, too many (3) trips to Plattsburgh.  Gym at 6:30 Monday morning then a trip to Platts. to have blood drawn.  Gym at 6:30 Tuesday then a trip to Platts. for lunch with Barb.  Quiet day Weds., did some sorting of Conversationists' papers.  50 years worth of correspondence, news items and newsletters.  Eye appointment in Plattsburgh Thursday, just a follow-up to my lasering last month.  Dinner at the Holts following cocktails with Duncan, David and John.  That was a treat, all of it.  Gym Friday morning and coffee with Annie.  Coffee in Keene with Julie for 2 hours Sat. morning.  Dinner with D, D and JK at the Blue Heron always a treat.  Visits with the 3 of them various times.  They are SO CUTE!  Right now I'm waiting for D&D (JK went back to Calif. yesterday) to come to wash their dishes and visit.

Rush chopped a hole in the ice so we know it's about a foot thick so far.  David and John went out onto the lake and took some beautiful pictures.  The men climbed Silver Lake Mtn with resulting gorgeous images.  I don't have any interest in climbing anything in the winter (or, apparently in the summer).  The report that it's beautiful in the woods and at the tops of these mountains but the climb is tricky and icy in spots.  No, thank you, not for me.

I watched the first half of the Super Bowl but stupidly went to bed after halftime because how could New England win at that point?  Guess I missed the best of the game but it doesn't really matter much to me. 

Went to the gym this morning around 7, one other person there so we chatted and I stayed 40 minutes, egged on by his presence.  I'll take inspiration in any form.  Then I went to Redford to buy Jim B's birthday present (chewing tobaccy).  I do enjoy driving, listening to music.  My current music crush is Eric Clapton (making a repeat appearance).  Lots of his music.  He is great.

This week has some busy times and some quiet times.  Tomorrow is Jim's birthday (82) and I'll visit with them.  Wednesday is gym, doctor, lunch (Julie).  Thursday is quiet.  Friday may be movies with Lin (Lion).  I have a wall calendar and love to see things written on it.  That's a throwback to my working days, when I kept 3 calendars.

We've been having snow every night, got about 2" of powder last night.  Very pretty.  There's more than a foot on the ground now, temps are OK.  7 this morning, now up to 17.  I guess we'll have a storm later this week--snow tomorrow and warmer temps on Weds. with maybe some rain.  ugh.  rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment