Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Spring? No, it can't be

It sure feels like spring out there but we have weeks and weeks to go before it could really be spring.  Temps have been in the high 30's and well into the 40's and the sun is warm, much warmer.  I leave for the gym in the morning around 6 and it's getting LIGHT out these days.  I get to see the earliest sign of a sunrise as I pass by Taylor Pond.  It's great.

Yes I'm still hitting the gym in the mornings.  It's going well, not so much in terms of how much weight I'm losing but I have a good time visiting with my friend while we treadmill together.  I'm increasing my speed (marginally) and the incline (again marginally) and I can feel a difference in the "workout" I'm getting.  If it weren't an overused term I'd label it a "so-called workout."  I did figure out how to adjust the tension on the rowing machine so maybe I'll branch out and include that.  Tomorrow we're hitting the pavement with plans to walk outside around AuSable for a change.

I had lunch in Elizabethtown yesterday.  That was a long drive but it was nice to see a different friend.  Tomorrow I'm having lunch in Plattsburgh--I have some errands that can't be done in E'town and was all set to attend to them yesterday, since we were originally scheduled to eat in Plattsburgh but oops, my friend had a meeting in Willsboro so we ate nearer there in E'town.  So I still have some big city errands to take care of. 

I had a good weekend but didn't do much.  I gymmed both days.  Saturday morning was dump time.  Sunday I cleaned some of the house because friends were coming from Albany.  They did come, did some hiking then went to their camp down the road.  Then they stopped by my house (without coming in--what??? you mean I cleaned the house and only I will appreciate that?) and we went to the pizza place in AuSable for dinner and a nice visit.  I managed to stay within my WW points that day even with my personal pizza.

Monday I ended up in Lake Placid at the laundromat (too much driving!).  I had bedding to wash and needed a few groceries so off I went.  It was more crowded than I like but still no lines, no waiting at the 'mat.  I'm getting to be a real pro at commercial laundry-ing.  Needless to say Donny hasn't come back to fix the electrical panel and that's OK.  No big deal.

This will be a busy weekend, it's the weekend of The Burn.  Joe arrives tomorrow.  The Holts arrive tomorrow.  Friday is lunch in Plattsburgh.  Saturday is the burning of the brush pile.  It's supposed to rain and be very warm for that.  Rain, not snow.  Warm, warm days but then it's supposed to cool off but only into the 30's.  I'm waiting for the return of winter, I know it's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment