Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Snowy time

We had our big storm this week, it snowed Sunday night and Monday.  We ended up with at least a foot of snow, probably more but I didn't measure it.  Donny plowed twice.  Nothing much went on on Monday, places were closed.  I did go to the convenience store for deli turkey (boy is that low in points).  Mostly I stoked the stove and hung out inside but I did visit with P&J.

Tuesday was a busy day.  Met Carol at the gym at 6:30, had a good time there.  Went to Plattsburgh in the morning for a hair cut.  Ran some errands including groceries and bank, then had lunch with Julie.  Since we'd just seen each other on Saturday we didn't have a huge volume of talking but we did have some important things to share.  She's off to Florida for a few days (if she actually did go, of course she was having doubts) so I won't be having coffee in Keene this weekend.

Today I met Carol at the gym early (6:00 instead of 6:30).  That went well, as it always does.  I came home, called my mother who is blue very blue because it's WINTER.  She gets that way every winter but snaps out of it in March.  March isn't far away.  Wow, only 2 weeks!

I came home from the gym and watched the rest of the Westminster show.  I wasn't as interested in it this year, there just weren't the stunning dogs that I'm used to watching.  I wasn't impressed by the German shepherd but then no one asked me about Best in Show.  None of the dogs I picked even won their groups.

I went back to AuSable to take care of some things (bank, grocery store and paid my gym membership).  Stopped at the town hall but couldn't be helped by the secretary there.  Got a phone number of the person who can help me, though so I'll follow up with that.

Now I'm spending the afternoon being quiet and stoking the stove.  Not much going on.  It's snowing again/still.  We'll get 3 inches.  or maybe 5 inches.  but could be 8 inches.  I used to be more fixated on weather forecasts but retirement sure does bring a shift in what concerns me.

Tomorrow I think I'll go to Saranac Lake to see the ice palace then maybe hit a laundromat in Lake Placid.  I don't have a dryer but will at some point, Donny told me he's got my panel and will be by one night this week.  as if.
Valentine's Day view from my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment