Friday, February 17, 2017

What? More snow?

It just snowed and snowed.  We have at least 2 feet on the ground now and the snow is white.  So very white.  We had sunshine today for the first time in well, I don't know how long but it sure felt like a week or so.  Anyway it snowed 2 more inches of fluff last night after Donny plowed.  His plowing is getting more and more cursory, I think maybe he's tired of it.  I no longer move my car so he can do the whole parking area by the house, I think maybe I'm tired of it.  There is still a large space, parking for 3 or 4 so it's fine.

Yesterday I met Carol at the gym (I actually got there first, a first) and we had a good time.  No one else there, not Dave who is often there before we are.  We talk around him mostly, sometimes we include him in the conversation but he's not really that interested in what we're talking about.  Besides, he thinks the media is being so very unfair to Mr. Trump. 

Carol is using the elliptical and she makes it look almost appealing so I may move on to that soon.  I'm only using the treadmill, with a few minutes on the rowing machine these days but I'm actually starting to want more.  Wow, cannot believe I'm feeling that.

Yesterday I took my laundry to Lake Placid, there's a nice laundromat there.  After that I went to see the ice palace in Saranac Lake but I'm so spoiled that I only like going there if no one else is around. Yesterday there was a busload of schoolchildren from Westport running around screaming and having totally too much fun so I didn't even get out of the car.  I'll either go next week or not again who knows.  It's supposed to be very warm with temps in the 40's and that will bring a rapid end to the ice palace.  It's not as big this year, they only had 6 days to build it.  It's impressive as always, just not THAT impressive.

Today was a slower day, I did go to AuSable but that was in the morning and I skipped the gym (no Carol today, she's on the road).  I actually deposited money in my savings account there (this is a new trend) and picked up some things for Jim (including a birthday bottle from Joe) and got yet a few more groceries.  Stopped at P&J's on the way home but didn't stay long.  Came home, did a little shoveling and brought in firewood.  Then what?  Not much.  I did fill out the form I need to submit for a discount on my school taxes, now I just have to take that and some other paperwork to Town Hall.  Can't do that until Monday.

It was a truly beautiful day though a bit chilly.  That surprised me because it was in the 20's with such bright sun and that's usually my favorite kind of winter day.  I always brag about the "crystal clear winter days in the 20's with warm sunshine."  That's what it was but maybe I'm getting older because it didn't feel as wonderful as I expected.  rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment