Monday, January 15, 2018

COLD and plenty of it!

Boy this is getting tiresome.  Temp this morning was -15, right now it's up to 5.  At least the sun was out and warm today and there wasn't any wind.  My house would NOT warm up until I figured out that I'd shut the heat off in the kitchen when it got too warm and had turned down the heat in the living room then as well.  Duh.   I knew when I did that that I would forget to readjust the heat.  Sometimes I wonder how I find my way home.

Anyway it's been a good couple of days.  I cleaned my downstairs (well most of it anyway) and cooked for book group last night.  We had a good visit with each other and a nice discussion about reincarnation and afterlife.  Interesting what people believe, isn't it?

Today I went to the gym, that was fine and we've decided to extend our treadmilling time and REALLY extend it in February.  Can't argue with that.  I had coffee with another friend in Keene later in the morning and that was fine but I got chilled.  I came home, did last night's dishes and took down my Christmas tree.  So proud of myself!  Now I just have to take the boxes of Christmas stuff upstairs and put them away.  OK, that's for another day.  Why rush everything?  It was a good tree this year but it was looking pretty bad.  My book group friend liked seeing it and looked at all my ornaments so it was good to keep it up.

Tomorrow we're hitting the gym at 6:30 in the morning.  Today I got up at 5:30, tomorrow I'll be up at 5.  After gym and coffee I'll head to Keene Valley to edit and crop the images we scanned last week.  Much work to be done with them.  I usually work only 3 hours but was thinking maybe I'd stay longer tomorrow (bet that doesn't happen).  Wednesday is the thrift store (I have 2 boxes of donations from friends--I'm getting more and more popular as people declutter and divest).

It's supposed to warm up a bit and snow tomorrow and Wednesday.  That's OK, now that I've got my heaters turned on.  I amaze myself sometimes with my ability to forget things.

No comments:

Post a Comment