Saturday, January 13, 2018

SNOW!!! and lots of it

We had rain and 50 degrees yesterday, got rid of a lot of snow but today we're correcting that.  It's snowing hard, about 7 inches so far with 6-12" predicted.  I'm voting for the 12 (not because I want it but because it seems likely).

I just did an extremely stupid thing and cleared off my car (no small task--coated in ice covered with snow) and drove to the neighbors' to see if the newspaper had been delivered (it had not).  Driveway not plowed.  Roads not plowed.  Visibility limited.  I'm a doofus.  I drove until there was a place to turn around (a mile) then came home, shrugged my shoulders and marveled at my stupidity.  I just like to know if I can get out.  Well yes I can but WHY would I want to?   I should be volunteering at the thrift store this morning but no, that's not going to happen.  We didn't go to the gym this morning because no, that would be a complicated trip to town.

Nice lunch in Plattsburgh with friends yesterday, driving in the rain and heavy fog.  A nice change from driving in frozen slush and slick roads.  Stopped at the dump on my way home.  That makes it a productive trip.

Today my tasks are cleaning tasks in prep. of book group hosting tomorrow.  We read The forgetting time, which is a novel about reincarnation.  I really liked it but Marylou hated it.  That usually leads to a good discussion so at least we'll spend some time talking about the book.  I've left my Christmas tree up for M'lou to look at but it sure looks droopy and it's definitely time for it to come down.

I worked in Keene Valley on Thursday--we scanned more than 100 photos, now I have to crop and label them.  That takes longer than I thought it would, I did half of the ones we scanned last week and didn't get that finished.  And I still have grave concerns about how exactly we're going to get these images onto the Internet.  That part is not my job, I just send the files to a library network who will facilitate the posting.  This is what wakes me in the middle of the night, HOW WILL THIS WORK?

Dogs are fine.  Treasure is a hardy soul, not stopped by cold air or snow but Bear is a wuss and doesn't like to stay out long when it's below zero.  What a baby!  I think I'M hardier than her is and I don't have a fur coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment