Friday, January 19, 2018

WARM and plenty of it

Temps in the 20's these days and boy does that feel good!  We've been having a little snow every day, a couple of inches but that's pretty standard for winter.

I've had a good week, did my stints at the thrift store and Archives.  Hit the gym every day (!) and we're extending our treadmill times slowly.  We're hoping to make February a productive month both in exercise and weight loss.

Tonight I'm going to a dinner honoring the thrift store volunteers.  Am I a thrift store volunteer?   I guess I qualify but it doesn't seem that way.  I was invited (twice) so they think of me as a helper I guess.  I started in October and have missed a few weeks but mostly do show up on Wednesdays and Saturdays.  The people who are always there are remarkable and reliable.  I don't feel that I'm reliable but they do count on me a bit.

My work at the Archives continues to be fun (fun?) and rewarding.  There's a group who are enthusiastically establishing a Town of Keene Historical Society and I've been marginally involved with that.  I'm not enthusiastic or in the Town of Keene so am a peripheral figure but am there because I'm the Archivist.  It's a nice and interesting group but I can't seem to muster the enthusiasm they have.  Oh well.  Not my town, not my people.

This weekend I'll work in the Easter Loft at the thrift store then maybe get to the dump.  Sunday is a Movie Day, plans are to go with R & L to see The Post.  All of a sudden there are films worth seeing in Plattsburgh, that happens once in a while.

Life continues to be full of good friends and nice times.

No comments:

Post a Comment