Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Snow, lots of it

The predictors couldn't decide how much snow we would get today and into tonight.  I think they finally settled on 8-14 inches.   I love these spreads--like, do we get to choose something between 8 and 14?   I choose 8 1/2.  No, wait, that's about what we have right now and it's still snowing. 

It's a powdery snow, not bad for moving around but I'll do no moving of it until tomorrow morning.  or maybe afternoon.  but not tonight.  My plow man just came so I can get out.  They've been plowing OHR off and on for much of the day.  I don't need to go anywhere until tomorrow morning, it's a Keene Valley day tomorrow.  Today was supposed to be a thrift store day but that didn't work out (to my embarrassment, because I haven't been there for 2 weeks).  I went to Plattsburgh early to have blood drawn but there was a 1-hour wait because of a computer problem so I went for groceries (NOT to Hannaford...).  That was fine but I ran into Mr. Smith and he wanted to have coffee.  We had an extra-nice visit but that put me way behind.  I finished shopping and went back to the blood place.  No problem there but it took a little too long, long enough for Bear to eat: 2 chunks of cheese, 1 bag of frozen broccoli and some deli turkey.  Thankfully he didn't find the chicken and grapes (more likely he ran out of time).  He stared at me all the way home--why?  Because I interrupted him?  Because he knew he was a BAD dog (not)?  Anyway so far no ill effects of his marauding.  I have a cover I can put back in the car to cover what's in the back, I just don't like to have the bar there but it's either that or never take Bear grocery shopping again.

I went to see the neighbors today, it's Jim's 83rd birthday.  We had a nice visit and they are just fine.  We'll celebrate his birthday on Friday over lunch in Plattsburgh.

Now I'm home, in for the night.  It's very pretty outside and has warmed up to 17 (from 2 this morning, no wonder I was cold).  The birds need to be fed but will have to wait.  The dogs wanted to see the plow man but I wouldn't let them get plowed.

Tomorrow is a scanning day in Keene Valley.  We've scanned 514 images so far and it's time for me to figure out how to get them to the network in Canton so they can be posted on the NY State website.  I'll contact the people at the network for instructions and hope all images are in the right format and with the right amount of description.  Perhaps I could have done that BEFORE there were 514 images to deal with but noooooo, that's not my style.


No comments:

Post a Comment