Tuesday, February 20, 2018

What the...?

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted anything.  Oops.  It's true I had a busy week last week but not THAT busy.  Keene Valley two mornings, did more work on data entry for posting to the website.  I was there again this morning but had too many problems to get much done.  Rats.

I cooked dinner for friends one night, that was fine and the house was clean (enough).  Lots of visits with the neighbors, lots of gym time followed by coffee at Stewarts.

The weather has been variable.  It's been zero, it's been 50.  Right now we're having heavy fog because it's 52 and the snow is far from gone.  Supposed to be even warmer tomorrow.  That would be good except all that's happening in my driveway is that more and more ice is being exposed.  Man it's slippery.

I went to Potsdam on the weekend, visited my niece and celebrated her daughter's 4th birthday at a party.  What a wonderful person the little darling is.  She's very polite and considerate, listens to what adults say to her (more important than listening, she HEARS and takes it all in).  She was thrilled to have lit candles on her cupcakes and cake, what joy I saw.  It was a nice evening.

But wait, there's more: yesterday I went to Burlington and bought a new car.  It's a Crosstrek (Subaru), which is just a fancified Impreza.  I traded in my 2014 Impreza (on a bad deal)(but what the heck) and got a good deal on the new car.  Am I thrilled?  No, not thrilled but happy with the new car.  It's familiar enough for me to be very comfortable driving it but different enough for me to be pleased with the purchase.  It's an elevated Impreza so is nothing fancy.  The dogs haven't been in it yet, I have some covering of upholstery to do before that happens much.  I miss the snow tires my Impreza had but will wait until fall to buy those for this car.

Tomorrow is Wednesday.  I'm meeting my friend at the gym at 7 but have no plans beyond that (and the coffee that follows).  Will I get to the thrift store?  Anybody's guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment