Friday, February 23, 2018

Birthday Eve for my sister

Tomorrow is my sister's birthday.  How did we get to be so old????  She'll be 67, entering the time of year when she's 2 years ahead of me.  This morning my friend asked me how old my brother would be if he were still alive.  Wow I had to stop and count on my fingers.  He was born in 1949 so wouldn't he just be pushing 70!  He was 54 when he died.  And we miss him every single day, as my mother and I agreed on the phone this morning.  We had a long, long conversation, very nice and interesting. 

We went to the gym most days this week, missed a couple but mostly we were there at 6:30 or 7.  Tomorrow is a late day, we're meeting at 7:30.  Tomorrow is also The Burn--all summer neighbors and friends take brush and wood scraps to the site and in February Joe flies up from his winter home in Georgia and lights the fire.  Last year they burned a boat, this year I don't think there's anything as dramatic.  I have plenty of brush to contribute but no way to get it up there.

Sunday my gym friend and I are meeting other friends in Plattsburgh to walk before having breakfast together.  Monday I have a hair appointment and lunch in Plattsburgh then dinner with friends.  So many of my socializations are food-centered!  Better than alcohol that's for sure but not so easy for me to control how and what I eat.  I'm trying to take control of my food intake, I only eat for 6-hour periods during the day (that made my doctor smile/almost laugh--his advice was "Get back on Weight Watchers," which is sound advice for sure).  Mostly it just means I eat less.  It's a slow process, losing weight at 65.

No comments:

Post a Comment