Sunday, March 18, 2018

Snow but a winning team

I was in Rhode Island for my mother's birthday last week--she turned 92 on 3/13, and we had a really lovely time together.  We always enjoy being together and I don't know what was so special about this visit but it was just extremely pleasant.  There was BARE GROUND when I got there and stayed that way for the next 3 days.  Day number 4, however, my mother's actual birthday brought a snow storm and power outage.  I was glad to be there when the power went out, that is one of my mother's greatest fears, lack of power.  She has no heat or water without electricity so I sure do understand her fear.  Anyway the power was out for most of the day but came back on in late afternoon so Mark and I could cook her birthday dinner and celebrate.  It was a nice time. 

Before the storm Mark and I took the dogs to the beach and had a really nice walk.  Bear romped in the water and tried (several times) to drink it.  No, Bear, it's salt water everywhere, no matter how far down the beach you go.

My trip coming home was uneventful until I got to Wilmington when the roads turned suspiciously crappy.  There had been a storm here too and we ended up with more than 23" of snow.  What a struggle getting up my stairs and into the house.  Road and driveway had been plowed so that was no problem.  I hate shoveling snow but did shovel a path to the steps and most of the steps.  It snowed some more that night and the next day.  Yesterday and today were beautiful sunny days--warm sun high in the sky but the temperature this morning was -4 and the high was 16.  Not a nice day, really but not the cold winds of previous days.  Another cold night tonight but not sub-zero.

We're trying to get back into our gym routine, both of us had scheduling issues last week but went this morning and are meeting tomorrow morning at 6:30.  I need to get back to regular treadmilling.

I watched the Syracuse basketball game this afternoon--I've enjoyed watching college basketball's March Madness for a long time.  I have 2 good friends who are avid (rabid) SU fans so I'm interested in the games.  What a great game today's game was!   Wow, a real nail-biter but Syracuse won by 3 so all is well.  On they go to the Sweet Sixteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment