Thursday, March 08, 2018

I'm back!

Not sure why I haven't been here.  I've been busy but is that an excuse?  Not really.

There have been many visitors to Hawkeye, that's been nice rather un-winterlike.  Some friends with a camp here came up from Albany and we went out for dinner and had a good visit.  Other friends from Scarsdale were here at their house/camp and had other friends and me come for dinner.  The Holts were here and had friends and me come for dinner.  Joe was here for The Burn (we went out for lunch but skipped dinner).  It has been a busy time.  Nice.

I'm still going to the gym most mornings followed by coffee at Stewarts.  Yes, we're regulars there and see other regulars regularly.  It's a regular thing.

I'm still working in Keene Valley at the Archives.  Scanning photos and entering metadata about the images.  The other woman who works in the Archives makes me laugh, and I make her laugh and we have a good time working together.  The work sometimes gets a little monotonous but it's only 3 hours twice a week and I am very enthusiastic about the project and about the Archives in general so all is good.

I haven't spent much time at the thrift store, other things have been taking my time.  Doctor's appointment (I'm healthy), trip to Burlington to buy a new car (2018 Subaru Crosstrek), trips to Plattsburgh to get the car inspected and registered and next a trip to RI for my mother's 92nd birthday.  I leave tomorrow morning, return on Wednesday.

We've been hit by both nor'easters but nothing overly dramatic.  We got snow last weekend and more snow last night and all day today.  It's hard to believe we had bare ground recently, there's at least a foot of snow on the ground now and it's still snowing.  No power issues here but my poor mother lost power for more than 2 days--which is a long time for someone her age with electric heat.  My sump pump is running often so I know winter is moving along and the ground is thawing.

Dogs are fine, they think the new car is hard to jump into but don't really seem to care much about it otherwise.  I like it a lot but it doesn't have snow tires and that makes me nervous so I drive slowly.  It had a "break-in period" of the first 1000 miles.  I knocked that off, no problem.  It doesn't have a CD player and I've almost figured out how to load music from my phone.  I have a lot of CDs so getting this set would be way cool.  I've got music loaded to my computer.  I've almost got the music loaded to my phone.  What comes next?  Hello YouTube...


No comments:

Post a Comment