Friday, March 30, 2018

Still not quite spring

We are losing snow, there's no denying that.  I heard a red-winged blackbird (but not at my house) and today I saw a turkey vulture.  and I smelled dead skunk on the way to Plattsburgh.  Signs of spring but the ground is still covered, well covered with snow.  And there's mud in the driveway.  The ground hasn't thawed yet but it's coming along slowly.

Wednesday was my first day in Receiving at the thrift store.  It went well but I asked a lot, lot, lot of questions about what to keep and about pricing.  I think it will be OK and the people are very nice to me.  Do I like it?  Yes, it's a good thing for me to do.

I went to the Archives yesterday and that, too was fine.  Margaret will be gone for the next 2 weeks so I'll be on my own.  That's fine as long as no one comes in asking for help and unfortunately the school kids will be on vacation next week so may come in to work on their projects.  OH NO!!!

Today was an exciting day, the gym this morning as usual but then I went to Plattsburgh to buy a new couch.  What a good salesman, he took me right to the perfect couch for me, based on what I told him I was looking for.  SOLD!   Then I asked if he sold futons because my futon is 16 years old (I recently discovered) and I sleep in an indentation the shape of my body.  I tried a few mattresses--oh, so different from a futon!  and found one that felt just perfect so I bought it.  A new mattress!  I don't know what the dogs will think, first a new couch then a new bed as well.  They'll deliver the goods next Friday but best of all they're taking the old stuff away.  Far, far away.

Tomorrow I'll meet my friend at the gym at 7:30 then (after coffee) will head to the thrift store for a couple of hours before meeting another friend in Keene for coffee.  more coffee.  Sunday is Easter.  I've been invited to a sunrise service at the top of Whiteface but I think I'll pass on that.  I've also been invited to an Easter dinner across the lake in the afternoon.  That will be nice, it's just 2 couples and me.

Life continues to be good for me.  I'm not antsy about the weather--it's in the 30's these days, above freezing during the day with cool nights.  Very typical.  I'm usually fed up with winter by the end of March but I have a much more benign attitude about it all this year.  A sign of maturity?

No comments:

Post a Comment