Sunday, March 25, 2018

SUNSHINE

It's a beautiful day, almost spring-like but still 34 degrees.  Supposed to warm up this week, temps in the 40's.  Maybe even some rain at the end of the week.  Pretty exciting.

Had an exciting day yesterday--on my way to the gym at 7 a.m. I came across a dead bobcat in the road, hit by a car but unmarked.  I went on to the gym & asked my friend if she'd seen the cat and she screamed I ALWAYS WANTED A STUFFED BOBCAT so we raced back to the dead animal and put it in her car.  Back to Stewarts to ask the regulars (we knew they would know) where a good taxidermist could be found.  Plenty of "Can I see the bobcat?!!" and suggestions about what to do next, final determination was that she should call DEC (Environmental Conservation) and they would tag the animal for her so she could take it to be stuffed.  Well, almost.  DEC said they couldn't tag the animal because the trapping season ended in February, even though she didn't trap it.  Rules are rules.  The Forest Ranger went to her house and picked up the 1-year-old female absolutely gorgeous specimen, said they would have to send it to Albany for testing but then would donate it to an educational institution.  Which is what my friend runs, so we're hoping they'll return the cat to her.  It is really just a beautiful animal, in perfect condition.  That was just too much excitement for yesterday, all I could do for the rest of the day was head to the dump.  Whew!

Now it's Palm Sunday and that means nothing to me.  I had planned to go to RI for Easter but the decision was made that I'd skip it since I'm going back in May.  It will be the first Easter I've spent by myself--will I care?  Impossible to know.  I'm half-tempted to go to RI anyway but then I think about how much driving that involves and how nice it's supposed to be here so I think I'll stay put.  It will be strange, this much I know.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, will take my filthy new car to the car wash and will buy an Easter lily for my friend Patricia.  I ordered one to be sent to my mother, I always take her one.  At noon tomorrow I'm meeting someone at the thrift store because they want me to start working in receiving, where they need more help than the Book Lady I usually work with needs.  Do I want to work in receiving?  Not so much but I do want to be helpful.  Some of the stuff is priced automatically but other stuff has to be priced when it comes in.  OH NO!!!  I don't want any responsibility.  I'll see how it goes tomorrow--the thrift store is only open Weds. and Saturday so we'll have a chance to go over everything easily.

Not much else going on this week for me.  There's a class coming to the Archives on Tuesday, 7th graders I think.  The teacher doesn't seem to know exactly WHY they're coming but she said she wants them to know what's in the Archives.  Luckily my colleague Margaret will be there, SHE can be the expert.

Weather is supposed to get exciting this week, temps in the 40's and maybe even some rain.  I should walk to camp this afternoon, it's a beautiful day and the dogs would like it.  But no, I doubt I'll do that.  Mostly I'll tidy up the living room and maybe do some work in the bedroom.

I'm a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment