Monday, January 28, 2019

Winter as usual

Cold weather (-1 right now, -5 this morning but with warm sunshine) and snow (6" predicted for tomorrow and Wednesday), just a regular Hawkeye winter.  No extremes in weather so far though they love predicting -20 wind chills later this week.  I don't pay much attention to wind chill, I just go by what the thermometer tells me.

I've had a good few days.  I canceled my chimney cleaning for Friday because the driveway was pretty treacherously icy and I know the guys only have a van, no 4WD or even AWD.  They're coming this Friday instead. 

Saturday I worked at the thrift store for a couple of hours, helped out with books--that seems to be where they like to have me these days.  It's pretty slow in receiving but the store was busy with shoppers.  Speculation was that people had cabin fever.  Saturday night I had dinner in Saranac Lake with friends from Albany.  They were only up for the afternoon.  We had a good visit, very nice time.

Sunday was Clean the House Day, I hosted book group last night so spent time vacuuming, dusting, de-cluttering and cleaning.  Why, oh why do I wait until company comes before cleaning like that?  It's so very nice to have a clean house!  Anyway we had a good book group time.  Someone brought homemade pizza that was delicious and someone else brought a lot of chocolate from the store where she works--left from Christmas, very tasty treats.

Today I went to Plattsburgh, in desperate need of a hair cut.  Ran a few errands then had lunch with a good friend.  It's reached the point where I've known my good friends for 30 years now, that amazes me but this is my 35th year in the North Country.  Hard to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment