Monday, May 20, 2019

Sun, yes, car? not so much

We have had some very nice weather, some good sunshine along with thunder and rain.  Good spring weather.  My car, not so nice.  On Thursday while I was at work Bear threw up all over the front and back seats (after moving the seat cover out of the way).  I couldn't get it clean so ended up having it cleaned all day Saturday.  That was fine, I got a ride home from the place in Jay, had a day with no car that was uneventful, got a ride to pick it up that evening.  OK, all was fine.  Yesterday I went plant shopping with a friend in my deliciously clean car and the brakes started grinding and growling.  HONESTLY!   Will it never end?   We had a good time and got some good plants (though I now have maybe more plants than containers to put them in) but I freaked out about the noises.  This morning I called lots of repair places, all of whom convinced me the rotors were damaged (most likely) and would be covered under warranty so they didn't want to fix the car.  I took it in to AuSable, where the nice and helpful people took the wheels off to show me the damage to the rotors and need for pads in the front.  OH NO.  I'm not driving the car until that is fixed, so I had another day at home.

I finally found a solution and will take the car to the dealer in Plattsburgh tomorrow, though they can't guarantee they will get to it.  It can spend the night and all day Wednesday there.  Service maven says I have an 80-90 percent chance of getting it fixed.  Please, please please help me.  I have good friends, one will meet me there in the morning, bring me home (inconvenient) and pick me up Wednesday afternoon (again, inconvenient) to retrieve the car.  I need the car this weekend, my friend is coming and I have to pick her up Friday and take her to the airport on Tuesday, plus wouldn't it be nice if we could actually GO somewhere while she's here?  I don't think she'll want to watch distraction television.

I did get some plants in containers, that is always nice.  The black flies are out and boy are they hungry and thriving.  Bloodsucking little creeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment