Wednesday, May 15, 2019

What's that? It's raining?

I don't remember when we last saw the sun but I think it was last week.  It snowed this morning, just a dusting for the effect.  I can remember 6" of snow in May other years so it's not really that unusual.  May and October have snow just for the hell of it, it doesn't usually amount to much and seldom lasts long on the ground. 

I've been walking with friends in the morning, chilly times but nice.  Bear sure appreciates it but Treasure gets rooked towards the end of our walks because she's on a leash.  Although it seems counter-intuitive based on behavior patterns, Treasure is the ring leader when they go for their "long walks" to places far away.  She'll start to run off, stop and look back at Bear--you'd swear she was winking at him.  He'll join her and I won't see them for hours some days.  Bad dogs.  I can prevent it just by putting her on a leash.   Why does Treasure get punished?  Because she's GOOD on a leash and Bear is so NOT good on a leash, he pulls and suffers mightily.

Work has been fine, we're still scanning images and laughing a lot.  At what?  At the costumes from the 1800's, at the poor quality of photographs, at our inside jokes.  It's enjoyable and nice.

It's been busy at the thrift store, enough shoppers but lots of people dropping off as well.  The weather hasn't been conducive to thrift-storing but people have their agendas so they come in the rain to drop and to shop.  We've been a little short-handed and that will continue but we're not in crisis mode yet.

We still don't have leaves on trees in Hawkeye though there is a hint of green on the poplars.  The shad and cherry haven't bloomed yet, it seems late for them.  I suppose the cool weather is responsible for the delay.  My daffodils are a little confused but most of them are in bloom right now--there's usually a gradual bunch of blooming but not this year: most of the varieties are blooming at the same time.

Hard to believe next weekend is Memorial Day!   My friend is coming from Pittsburgh and I have much to do to prepare.  I've been concentrating on getting the house ready but tonight it occurred to me that I should be getting the boat house and Dockside cabin ready in case we decide to sleep there.  I had planned to open the boat house this week but then I forgot about it.  oops.  I'll get some double bed sheets for the cabin at the thrift store (I hope).

Life continues rolling along in a good way--a very good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment