Wednesday, May 08, 2019

SUNSHINE

Although it's a tad cool at 54, the sun is warm and bright and there are no clouds.  Wow, what a gorgeous day.  There are just the tiniest of leaves on the poplars now, hinting at a green tinge in the hills.  Very pretty.

My hummingbirds are back.  Goldfinches are brilliant yellow.  Purple finches brilliant purple.  Rose-breasted grosbeak hanging around.  White-throated sparrow singing away.  I heard peepers outside a restaurant in Wilmington the other night, that was a treat.

I've been doing the things I do.  Went to Plattsburgh on Monday, my final visit with one of my doctors (he's retiring) after 24 years of being treated.  It was nice to say farewell, we talked about how well we have worked together.  blah blah blah.  Next up is a visit to the vet with the dogs (there goes $500).  No, wait, next is taking the car to Plattsburgh for tire switching and oil change, that happens on Friday.

Yesterday was a work day, I went to the gym first and spent 25 minutes on the treadmill.  Not a lot but not bad.  I've been walking outside with friends most mornings,which the dogs appreciate but it's never really enough for Bear.  MORE!  He needs MORE!

I've planted lots of seeds indoors, that entertains me.  Morning glories are up, nasturtiums just starting to come up, zinnias are slow to appear but there's slight "movement" in the soil.  I should be outside today cleaning up the yard, getting the mower out, uncovering the hostas (buried under ashes dumped from the wood stove this winter).  Should be.  But not.

No comments:

Post a Comment