Saturday, May 04, 2019

Yes, it's still raining

It is starting to seem a bit like spring here (the first week of May).  I have some daffodils blooming but not a lot, I don't think it's going to be a good year for them.

I had a good week, yesterday was a nice day for the most part.  Work on Thursday was fine, uneventful.  I have to work 3 days this week (or is it next week?  which is it when it's the one coming up?).  I also have to be in Plattsburgh Monday afternoon and again on Friday.  Monday is a doctor's appointment, Friday is a car appointment (having my snow tires removed!  if that's not a sign of spring, what would be?).

Yesterday was going to be a nice relaxing day with no commitments.  My friends and I walked the dogs to camp, checked on all the cabins and main camp--everything survived the winter.  The dogs, of course took off while we were there, OK, that's stressful but not too bad.  My friends went home--their house is 4 miles away on top of a small mountain.  Of course the dogs showed up there, the second time (we know of) that they've done that.  Oh was I stressed about that!  Bad bad dogs!   I went to get them and ignored them for 2 hours.  Did they notice?  What does a dog notice when it's eyes are closed and it's snoring? 

I went to AuSable, came home and planted some zinnia seeds in peat pots.  That was a nice exercise, it felt good to do something akin to gardening.  There is outdoor work to do but there's no good weather for it.  Now is the time to get things in good order, to deal with the bramble bushes that always want to take over, to spread the ashes I've dumped in one spot all winter, get the mower out to see if it will start and pretend to be a gardener.  But nooooo, it's wet and cool (temp is 46) so I'm not interested.  Instead today I'm meeting a friend at a big yard sale (as if either of us needed more stuff) then I'll work at the thrift store for a couple of hours.

It was lovely to be at camp yesterday, the lake was like glass with a heavy cloud hanging over it, so peaceful and quiet except for the wailing of a loon, who was sitting off the boat house.  Really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment