Friday, February 08, 2008

LateAfternoon Slight ChcSnow Hi 24°F
Tonight Cloudy Lo 18°F
Saturday SnowLikely Hi 27°F
SaturdayNight Snow Lo 23°F
Sunday SnowLikely Hi 26°F
SundayNight ChanceSnow Lo 8°F
Monday ChanceSnow Hi 18°F
MondayNight MostlyCloudy Lo 1°F


This is about the most boring forecast there can be for Feb.

By yesterday morning we had a foot of snow, after 24 hours of snow. After half an hour of trying to get my car out of the mess the town plow made for me at the end of my driveway, my plowman and hero Donny came to plow my driveway and with the gentlest of tugs pulled my car out. I got to work 20 minutes late, which was fine since the library was closed because of the snow. There was one other person there. I worked for 4 hours, cleaned up all the soda bottles & cans under my desk and cashed them in ($9, at 5 cents each). Ran errands, went home, napped of course. Had to take the time off this morning. Up at 6:30, coffee & TV (sugar plant fire, town hall shooting, Romney being an asshole), dishes, nap, Petsmart ($59 for birds, dogs and cat), work. Grocery store on the way home, Ken's after that. Then HOME for the weekend. Vacuum, clean bathroom, dump, watch The Wire, nap, nap some more, bring in firewood, bring in some more.
And people think my life is a marvel. It doesn't get much more mundane. But then, I get to look at beautiful scenery and there's no one in my view until I get a mile from home. Unless there are bogwalkers or rabbit hunters down the road. blech.

My electric bill for Jan. was only $400. Believe it or not, that's really good. I was even warm. I've blocked off the back of the house, which eats electricity and never gets warm. Looks mondo ugly with a curtain of black plastic, but have I ever really cared what my house looks like?

Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment