Thursday, February 14, 2008



No question, it's February. Happy Valentine's Day, to those of you who are interested. This is morning sun looking upstream on the Saranac from the Silver Lake Road. next to my friend Ricky Parrotte's house.

We were supposed to have dramatic weather yesterday but there was no drama, just 4" or so of heavy wet miserable snow. So far this season we've had 90" of snow. In the Champlain Valley. Add at least 20% more to that for "higher elevations." It's not all on the ground at once, but there's about 3' right now, and the snow banks are higher than the roof of my car. My tiny little Honda car. Which refused to make it to the house last night. But I've finally learned something about cars and snow. I left it halfway up the hill in the driveway, did not attempt to back down and out in the dark (as advised by Donny the Plowman). Saved that for this morning, and backed down SLOWLY. This goes against my impulsiveness completely but I am trying, I am truly trying to be rational, thus live a less complicated life (at least reduce the complications I cause myself). Not as much drama, but I'm really sick of drama.

I want a peaceful life, I want to relax. Breathe in, breathe out. Yeah--well tell that to my fish. Another death wish come true. What, do they jump out of the water and smash themselves against the plastic plants? There it was, sucked up against the pump. I was all set to bring in a sample of my water for PetSmart to test--got the container, rinsed it out, put it in my pocket. But forgot to put water in it. Guess I was planning to test THEIR water. Is this called simplification of life? No, this is called enjoying one's mistakes. I love being me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment