Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Best in Show!



That's my boy! I watched the dog show for 3 hours last night (OK, I watched Law & Order during the toy group--I just can't watch those dogs, and besides, a toy poodle won). Got all excited to watch the Best in Show part, last 15 minutes, saw them all parade into the ring. Really cool. Immediately fell asleep. I couldn't believe it. I woke up at 11:05, show ended at 11:00. I SHOULD NEVER lie down. and I even said that to myself during one of the groups. There was a beautiful Lab, best of breed, from West Kingston, RI--about 8 miles from my mother's house. Way cool.

I'm sure my boy Uno will be on Letterman tonight so I'll be up for that--I can stay up plenty late, it's that woozy time from 9-11 that I have trouble with. Too early for me to go to bed, can't sleep through the night if I do. Anyway, this beagle was unbelievably wonderful. To watch him trot was pure joy.

New breeds (there were 4) included Tibetan mastiff a nice looking big dog with fluffy (double) coat; a Plott, which I've seen pictures of and looks very ordinary; some Slavic dog who showed up with a tail that WAS NOT docked and thus did not meet the AKC standard for the breed (gasp--but how did the dog get Best of Breed? was there only one?); and I can't remember breed #4 but it was big. Most revolting dog: It's a surprise http://www.neapolitan.com/. Sorry, Molly.

No comments:

Post a Comment