Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sunday afternoon

So let's see...I don't think I did a lot yesterday, but I know I went to the dump and I saw P&J.  Oh, I did some laundry and sorted through some clothes.  Nothing fits me that didn't before I started Weight Watchers, but that will come I'm sure.  I seem to have a lot of pairs of sweatpants and pants with elastic waists.  Oh, yes, clothes for what Ken called "Biggies."

I spent time today sorting through 50 years' worth of papers of our shore owners' association.  I ended up with 3 boxes of correspondence, newsletters, minutes and newspaper clippings.  For some reason it never occurred to me to put these papers in the empty file cabinet I have upstairs.  The file cabinet was full of papers from our sawmill (which we sold in 1987) and records of various of my ex-husband's exploits.  I gleefully emptied it a few years ago and sent everything to the dump.  Oh that was liberating.  Now I have 4 drawers to fill with papers that are more relevant to MY life.  Good for me, but now all I have to carry the stuff upstairs.  There's another box of papers in the master bedroom for me to go through and file but today I'm quite pleased with what I accomplished.

Tomorrow morning I'll meet Carol at the gym at 6:30, then maybe I'll go to Plattsburgh to have blood drawn.  It's the week before my appointment with my "regular" doctor and he reports on all sorts of things, including mostly my cholesterol levels.  Thank you, Rogers genes, I have issues with cholesterol.  Anyway it's a fasting blood test so I like to go in the early morning but that never works well with my lunch dates so I make a special trip usually.  Since I'll be up (UP!) and about tomorrow morning I may as well do it then.  This is a lot of writing about a stupid routine blood test.  Must be I don't have much else to report on.

It's a little colder now but still in the 20's.  And gray, still gray.  The sun was out for a little while early this afternoon but it's been spitting snow for most of the day.  We're into that time when it snows a little every day and all of a sudden we have 6 inches of new snow.  It's supposed to get colder this week but nothing below zero.  What would we expect?  It's almost February.  It's been too warm for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment