Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Cleaning day

It's been raining for 3 days but now it's clearing a bit and warmer (64) so I have the front door wide open and ahhhhhh spring air!  I have on patch of daffodils blooming with a lot, no, really a LOT more to come.

I had a good weekend, spent nice time with Julie on Saturday, then had a busy Sunday.  Went to the gym, went to P&J's, then had a very nice visit with Fred at his camp.  Boy it was good to be there with him.  Book group was that night, I made delicious scalloped potatoes but am a fool and filled the casserole too full so now I have cream and potato juice all over the bottom of the oven.  What a doofus I am.  Anyway book group was nice but Marylou gave us too much chocolate and I ate like a pig.  I froze some of the chocolate, hoping what? that I'd forget about it and never eat it?  No, that won't happen.

Monday was Windshield Day and Mr. Fix-it came in the afternoon.  For some reason I got hysterical while waiting for him (he was 2 hours late but what difference does that make?).  I do not, do NOT like having people come work on my house.  Anyway he was fine and I now have the cleanest best windshield in Hawkeye.  Bad brakes on the damn car, but a clear windshield.  I went to Plattsburgh yesterday, ran errands, got groceries (at Hannaford, Joe), and had lunch with Julie.  The brakes are grinding like crazy so I went to the car place but they couldn't fix them yesterday--I have an appointment with them Friday to switch my tires anyway, so I'm grounding the car until then.  It freaks me out to drive it like this so I skipped the gym this morning.  Tomorrow Carol will come here and we'll either walk around Hawkeye or she'll drive us to the gym. 

So what did I do this morning?  I got up at 5:30, waited until 7:15 to call my mother, had a nice long talk with her, then slept for nearly 2 hours.  I do enjoy a good nap.  Anyway, I'm slowly cleaning the living room, bathroom and kitchen now, have dusted and relieved the floor of its dog hair burden.  Still have to vacuum the rug.  Oh how I hate to vacuum.

I got some of Tess' pills yesterday but of course they didn't have the full number I need for a week so I'll have to go back for more.  How is she?  I think she's marginally better but that could just be wishful thinking and fantasy on my part.  She's old and both she and I are tired of her hacking.  But she's a sweet thing.

Sunday I tried to watch the horrible and stupid TV movie about the prison breakout of 2015--it was mostly about the woman who helped the inmates escape and boy oh boy was it a bad show.  I didn't watch the whole show.

Linda called last night and we talked and talked.  It's hard to believe that in 3 weeks the neighborhood will be buzzing.  MAY is coming!  Amazing.

Yesterday was my brother's birthday.  How old would he be?  Does it matter?  He died and we all miss him terribly.

OK, back to work.  My latest music crush is Elvis Costello so I'll crank him up and finish the downstairs.  Except for the bedroom, that's just too big a project to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment