Saturday, April 29, 2017

Green! I see green!

You could almost watch the poplar leaves pop out today.  After some very nice, very warm weather spring has busted out all over.  I drove to Keene today and there were teeny tiny but green leaves and some shad was in bloom.  Very exciting!   I heard a loon the other day.  Very exciting!   My daffodils are blooming like crazy.  Very exciting!  Goldfinches are bright yellow and at my feeder.  Very exciting! 

Oh I'm so easily entertained.  But really this spring stuff is very exciting to me.  I realize that it's almost May (very exciting) but still it just feels as if it's been a long, long time coming.

I had a good week but spent a fortune on my car.  Spent much of Friday at the car place having my winter tires switched out, oil changed and brakes fixed.  What a relief that was, the brakes were making an incredible and embarrassing noise.

Today I went to  neighborhood yard sale in Upper Jay and found a grand wicker rocking chair for the boat house porch for $25.  Very pleased with myself, I motored on to Keene to have coffee and a nice visit with Julie.  Home after that, then to the boat house to drop off the chair--there I realized that I left the cushion to the chair on the ground in Upper Jay.  duh.  Oh was I pissed at myself.  Back to UJ I drove and the nice woman had put my cushion aside so it was still there.  On the way home from that trip I stopped at another sale and bought a perfectly respectable $10 dresser (50% off), which is now in my living room waiting to be filled with...oh whatever things I need places to hide.  It wasn't easy getting it into the house but I'm proud to have managed that.  Next I need to empty the dresser upstairs and bring it to my bedroom to replace the bookcase I store my clothes in.  Not attractive, a bookcase full of clothes.  I have 4 dressers upstairs and another in my bedroom already.  Does this mean I collect dressers?

I went to the gym most days this week, but didn't go yesterday or today.  Carol is out of town and apparently I'm incapable of going by myself.  My goal=going there tomorrow morning.  Since I have no other plans (aside from the Brousseau visit at noon) for the day I think I can manage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment