Friday, April 21, 2017

What happened to spring?

OK, so it's not snowing, and it's above freezing but really, what's up with this weather?  It's rainy and in the 40's every day, which isn't really miserable but it's pretty close.  I long to see sunshine!  Tomorrow is predicted to be almost better than today, Sunday for sure is supposed to be warmer and maybe even sunny. 

Tomorrow morning I'll meet Carol at the gym at 8:15, meet Julie for coffee at 9:30 in Keene, then at some point take my garbage to the dump.  Oh, first I'll call my mother in the early morning.  OMG that's 4 things in one day.  We'll see if I can really pull it off.

Monday I'm supposed to get my new windshield.  A passing truck sent a rock/stone flying into my windshield on my way to RI and now the crack has spread two-thirds of the way across the windshield.  I have visions of the window breaking in half, flying into the car and decapitating me as I drive merrily along listening to Elvis Costello.  No, I've been assured this will not happen, they don't call it safety glass because it's dangerous.  Oh I just don't know.

Tess is not doing well and will soon start her anti-fungal med. once again.  I talked to the vet this afternoon and he's phoning in a prescription which I'll drive to Plattsburgh to pick up.  But probably not until Tuesday.  Oh the poor dog is coughing sooooo much.  Then she looks at me.  We don't know what they're saying, our animals, but is she pissed off because I haven't solved her problem yet?  or is she sorry to be making such horrible sounds?  or is there something going on that I can't even imagine--  I don't know what to think.  I'm really tired of listening to her all day and all night but I feel so bad for her, so very very bad for her.  This is a dangerous fungal infection, blastomycosis, and the treatment is expensive and also dangerous.  Liver failure.  Loss of appetite.  Inability to eat.  Blood tests.  It just goes on and on.

My daffodils are up but they're stalled at about 4" high.  Who can blame them?

No comments:

Post a Comment