Friday, April 07, 2017

Fungus dog

Tess' test came back positive, a little ambiguous but positive so she's taking an anti-fungal med. as of today.  The vet, who is wonderful called last night with the results of the urinalysis and then called in the prescription to the drug store I use in Plattsburgh.  This morning I went to the pharmacy and got the 10 pills, a 5-day supply for $150.  Honestly, America is a wonderful place but there are things about it that are just unacceptable.  The vet called me this afternoon and told me how to order the same drug from a Canadian firm for 1/7th the price.  Now we'll see how she responds to this med.  I sure hope it works, I feel so sorry for the poor girl.  She hacks and coughs and sputters so much, then looks at me with such a sorry look in her eyes.  I have faith in this vet so I have hope that Tess will be OK.  If left untreated blastomycosis can be fatal.  Does this treatment make sense for a 14-year-old dog?  Well now that I know how to get the drug at a lower price, yes I think it does.

Yesterday I went to Plattsburgh, too just to get a few things.  I made a couple of baskets this week (!) and needed some supplies to finish them.  Both baskets turned out well but they are simple designs.  I don't seem to be able to do anything fancy and I don't seem to remember how to shape baskets except in squares and rectangles.  At any rate I really did enjoy making these baskets and it was nice to be good at it.

Skipped the gym this morning but will meet Carol there tomorrow morning.  Let's get back to the routine!  We skipped Monday this week, too.  I do know that I can go there alone, duh, but we have a good time there together. 

It's snowing right now.  Been spitting all day and my house is so no-warm.  I can't seem to get my fires hot lately and boy is that frustrating.  We may get a few inches of snow overnight tonight, then Sunday is supposed to maybe, just maybe be sunny and 50.  Right now it's 37 and gray.  Been gray all week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment