Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Spring has arrived

It was 70 yesterday, 67 right now and some of my daffodils are up (though only a few inches).  I even have a few crocuses showing (but no blooms yet).  There's still snow but there is also bare ground in spots and the driveway is muddy but not sloppy.  I drive to the house once in a while and am very proud of the lack of ruts this year.  I'm not usually so careful.

Tess has been maybe a little better but she's still hacking away.  This is the 4th day of her meds and I had a conversation with the vet last night--he said it could take a week before a dramatic change would be seen.  Oh boy I hope he's right.  Today Tess seems to be hacking a little less but she's still sounding too human in her coughing.  She's hard to have in the bedroom at night, I wake up several times to her noises and she seems to be worse in the night.  She's a trooper, though, and is very perky and active.  We walked to the mailbox the other day, which is nearly a mile and she went along but oh my goodness is she ever slow.

I went to the gym Sat., Sunday and yesterday but we skipped today.  Tomorrow we meet at 6:15.  We agreed that soon we have to pick up the pace, increase speed and/or incline.  I'm winded at my present pace but still able to talk fairly easily.  I've lost 14 pounds, coming along, coming along.

I had a fairly uneventful weekend, saw the neighbors on Sunday.  Had to go to Plattsburgh too many times last week.  Went yesterday to have lunch with Barb and deliver her Easter basket.  I made 2 baskets handily and was pleased to find that I enjoyed the weaving and that the baskets turned out well.  I'd make more but what for?  I may weave a few to have on hand, I don't know.

Going to Plattsburgh tomorrow to pick up more meds for Tess and have lunch with Julie.  She's returning from DC today so we can compare notes on our travels.

Thursday I drive to RI for my Easter visit.  I'm looking forward to being there.  We'll do our usual visiting and maybe hit the beach.  It's pansy time in southern New England so I'm hoping we get to buy some.  It feels early for pansies here but I think we're past the worst of hard frosts so they should be all right on my deck.  Color!  Flowers!  I didn't plant any seeds this year, deciding to wait until the ground thaws and direct sow the seeds. 

Treasure is just fine.  I try to give her lots of attention and affection to make up for the extra time spent with Tess and worrying about Tess.  Dogs don't measure how much time you spend with the others, I know that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment