Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Cold getting colder

I can't really claim it's COLD, it was 18 this morning and is now 27.  Never got to 40 today but it wasn't bad, a very still and sort of pretty day.  There was some sunshine but mostly not, just very still.  I like weather like that.  Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer, in the 40's and sunny until late afternoon.  Temps then will plummet, down to low teens and maybe single digits.  Well hell it IS November.  I turned the heat on for a little while this morning but mostly I'm happy with the heat the wood stove shares in the living room.

I've had a good but pretty uneventful week so far.  A fair amount of gymming, that's always good.  My friend from DC was here and we spent a lot of time together.  I sped up the treadmill which felt great.  I conclude that our outside walks of the summer were better exercise than the treadmilling I was doing by spring.  Yesterday I voted (of course), proud to be number 31 at my polling place at noon.  My candidates won!  A bit of a surprise in one case but good news.  We had local races which I think are important when it's such a small town.  We know our local officials personally most of the time.

I walked the bog yesterday and today (though today's walk was brief, more of a boglet walk just done to entertain and run the dogs).  It's pretty unremarkable this time of year, no blossoms or fall color but it's a very very nice place and soooo handy for running Bear and Treasure.

Today I volunteered at the thrift store for a couple of hours in the morning, leaving early to run errands in Lake Placid before meeting my "exercise" partner for lunch.  The thrift store was busy and I did a lot of Christmas work.  Miraculously some of the things I put out and priced actually sold.  The small purple Barbie Christmas tree with light-up Barbie high heel ornaments sold because I lowered the price from $3 to $2.  SOLD!  That was a victory I savored.

Tomorrow is a Plattsburgh day, giving a friend a ride to pick up her truck.  What else will I do in town?  Not much, I got my errands taken care of today.  I didn't get to the dump so maybe I'll do that on my way home tomorrow.  The dump will be closed on Saturday and on Monday I go to Plattsburgh to have snow tires put on the car.  I'm quite pleased with myself for taking care of that before winter actually arrives.  Can't say before snow because we're supposed to have snow on Friday.  Cold.  Wind.  Snow.  I guess it's about time.


No comments:

Post a Comment