Friday, November 17, 2017

New machine

I just bought a new laptop (not enthusiastically), the old one was have dying hard drive issues.  I haven't emptied the old one yet (yuck) and am still installing and learning about this one.  It's Windows10, swell, just swell.  I was assured that this OS is easier to use than the 8 I have on my other machine.  Geez I hope that's true.

Anyway it's a cold wintry day, temp at 3:00 is 24.  It's been a windy day but seems quieter now.  I went to Plattsburgh this morning, errands and lunch.  Boy did I have a lot of errands, yikes.  Anyway now I'm home and my house is so very warm.  I finally talked to the man who installed my new electrical panel in the spring and we worked out that the breaker he had noted as "untested" was only untested because he didn't know which heater it was connected to.  Well wowie jet am I thrilled to have heat at the back of the house now!   For the first time in years because I live in misery before asking for help.  What a huge difference (duh) and great comfort now.

It's been a fairly busy time for me.  I still work at the thrift store on Wednesdays and Saturdays, only in the morning though.  Yesterday I took a bunch of Christmas ornaments to the Upper Jay library for their holiday sale.  I got rid of 2 boxes and am thrilled.  None of the ornaments would embarrass me if they knew they were mine.  I only have tabletop trees these days so don't need as many ornaments.  I'll get that master bedroom in better shape yet, now there are 2 fewer boxes there.

I got a collar for Bear that glows neon green.  Man is it ever cool but he of course doesn't like it--it tattles on him.  I put it on him at night and all you can see out the window is a bright green circle moving around the yard and into the woods.  Hysterically funny.

Haven't been to the gym lately but I have been walking the bog pretty much every day with the dogs.  Not today, though.  They're both exhausted from our trip to town and are snoring peacefully at the moment.

I finished closing the boat house.  All that needed doing was to bring in the porch furniture.  WHY oh why do I put things off? 

Hard to believe next week is Thanksgiving.  I'm off to RI on Tuesday, looking forward to seeing the people there.  Not a great time for the dogs because they're confined to the pen but maybe Mark and I will go for a beach walk.  I don't think Bear has been to the ocean.  But of course I don't know that, there are 4 years of his life unknown to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment