Monday, November 06, 2017

Warm but getting colder

It's still been warm here but now temps are dropping from 50's down to 30's today with a cold front coming in at the end of the week with highs in the 30's or 20's and lows in the teens.  Guess I should really really finish up my outdoor work and boat house chores!   I made an appointment to have my snow tires put on next week.  Yay for me, being prepared.

Today I had a silver filling replaced at the dentist's (as if I'd have it done somewhere else).  Of course I was hysterical, our childhood dentist was not kind and didn't believe in numbness.  Anyway this was PAINLESS and easy and quick and man was I relieved and surprised.  All was fine, a mere $283.  Again, preventive, the filling was cracked but not broken or missing.  Good girl, good girl.

It's been a pretty busy time for me.  I've been volunteering at the thrift store Weds. and Sat. mornings and that's going well.  I got promoted to the Christmas Loft where I get to be my own boss and work alone and it's not jam-packed with people.  On Saturday they bused in a minibus of senior citizens and man oh man was that insane.  I went upstairs to the loft, up steep stairs that the seniors couldn't climb.  Oh I'm mean, I am a senior citizen.

Yesterday I went to the movies with friends--we saw Victoria and Abdul.  That was fine and we all enjoyed it but wondered how much is true and how much was movie.  Not sure there's any way to know but there is a book written about it.  Doubt I'll read it.

I've started going to the gym again, it's too dark in the morning to walk outside and my walking friend has been sick so I missed a bunch of days.  We seem to be back to our routine, and Annie is here and has been treadmilling with me.  We just got back from a quick bog walk with our 3 dogs.  I was worried that Bear and her dog Milo might have some conflicts but the only problem was that Milo did NOT want to play run really fast and bark with Bear.  Bear minded that, he can't find anyone to play that game with him.

Tomorrow I'll vote.  We're electing Town Councilmen (no women of course) and a county legislator.  At least this election I have some idea of why I'll vote for the candidates I'm voting for.   That's my only plan for tomorrow but I need to finish closing the boat house so may work on that.  Wednesday is thrift store day, then lunch in Placid with a friend.  Thursday?  Nothing planned.  Friday?  Keep the fire going and warm up the house.  Sunday is dinner with neighbors across the lake, that will be very nice.

Life is good.  Retirement is fantastic.  I have to sign up for Medicare, well actually because I have the special state insurance I don't have to do anything, my signing up is automatic.  I'm extremely fortunate.  Excellent insurance all round.

I'll go to RI for Thanksgiving--can that really be 2 weeks from now?  I'm planning to go there on Tuesday, stay until Monday.  I'm foolish to think that will help with the traffic but at least I'm not traveling on Weds. or Sunday.  Will my pipes freeze while I'm gone?  Doubtful but not certain.  It has to get below zero really for that to happen.  That won't, absolutely will not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment