Monday, November 20, 2017

Travel eve

It was 14 this morning with a hard cold wind.  Now we have about 3 inches of snow and the temp is 22.  Supposed to be 40 tomorrow but I won't be here to enjoy that, I'm leaving for Rhode Island in the morning.  Going to my mother's for the week, Thanksgiving visit.  I've got the turkey (as long as I don't forget it) and the fixings for pumpkin pie (Martha Stewart's recipe).  I have the car partially packed but haven't packed my clothes yet.  It's too hard for me to pack any time before the morning of my trips, it's just a thing about me.  I have packed most of the other stuff though.

I've been getting to the gym every morning, doing a brisk 30 minutes.  So far so good but now I'll be gone for a week so my friend will have to treadmill without me.  We're planning a morning bog walk before I leave, that will be good for us (humans) and the dogs.  It's a 6-hour ride to RI and the dogs have always been good but Bear has only been on the trip once, long ago and he talks a lot in the car so I'm anticipating some stress for me.

I'm still volunteering at the thrift store and am about to look into a part-time position at the Keene Valley library as archivist.  I'm stopping there on my way out of town tomorrow to talk it over with the director, who's a friend from my working days.  Do I want to do this?  I don't know but will talk it over, it's a possibility.

What will RI be like?  Same as ever I suppose, warmer than here with no snow or ice.  We'll go to the market, drug store, bank, wherever my mother needs or wants to.  Mark and I may take the dogs to the beach.  We'll eat a lot.

I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.  I'm looking forward to mine, I enjoy my mother's company very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment