Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Cool mornings

Temps in the mornings have been in the 40's, which at some times of year would feel balmy and wonderful but in June, not so much.  I've been walking the bog in the early mornings with various friends--the dogs are pleased and Bear barks and sings until we leave for the bog.  Ratpig.

Yesterday I went to AuSable, mailed some things to my mother and went for a few groceries, then went to the dump.  Mondays and Wednesdays are dump days, along with an occasional Saturday.  Keeping track of dump hours is a big deal in Hawkeye--all hell broke loose last year when they changed the days AND the hours.

Today was an Archives day and that was fine.  I worked on my own, my colleague only works on Thursdays in the summer because she tends the lock in Saranac Lake, living in a cabin by the lock.  She's an interesting person, that's for sure.  She has to paddle in to her cabin and post, taking provisions that way and coming out that way on her days off.

I went to camp this afternoon and did a little bit of work in the boat house.  It needs cleaning! and I am so not motivated to do that.  People have used main camp but no one has done anything about opening it.  That really REALLY irritates me, if you're putting 4 chairs on the porch for you and friends to use, why not put out ALL the chairs on the porch, as well as the dinner table???  I can't do it all by myself but will do a little now and then I suppose.  Each year I swear will be the last year I open camp--I don't use the main building and there are relatives who will live there for a week, 10 days, two weeks with lots of company and THEY don't do anything about opening.  There, I've ranted.  should be out of my system by now.  Some things won't change, will they.

Tomorrow is a thrift store day then I'll either clean my car or do something at camp.  maybe.  I'm walking the bog with a friend at 7.   I'm volunteering at the thrift store Wednesday and Saturday mornings, working in receiving.  Yes it's true I see all the stuff that comes in before the shoppers do but it's more responsibility than I want because I have to inspect, clean and price the goods.  And what a variety of goods we get!  Lots of stuff.  Well I enjoy the people I work with there and it's a good way to spend my time, a worthwhile endeavor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment