Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Midnight musings

Well, if you go to bed at 8 sometimes you are wide awake at 11:30.  So you have a nice nap then have a cup of coffee and watch late night TV.  Poor Bear, he can't go out until Treasure comes back and she has no interest in doing that, apparently.  She barked and disappeared.  I don't like having them out at night like that.

The weather has been wonderful, my favorite days at 70 and sunny, clear and cloudless.  I got to spend some time reading on my deck, an all-time favorite thing.  I mowed the lawn but didn't weed or do the trimming but there's always another day.  We're expecting very very hot weather this weekend and beyond, temps in the 90's elsewhere.  That means we'll be in the 80's and maybe the 90's but worse than that is the anticipated humidity.  Ugh, my least favorite.  I used up my tolerance for hot and humid during my formative years in northern Illinois.  At least here I have the boat house.  It's usually cooler there but if there's no breeze it's hot there too.  I don't complain.  much.

Work is good.  I have a lot of catching up to do, we've scanned many images that need editing but I haven't been able to convert them to jpg until now (no Internet in the Archives, how frustrating).  I got a lot done today but it was boring stuff, the entire Memorial Day parade from 1976 and many incarnations of Gilbert & Sullivan shows by community theater groups in the 1930's, 50's and 80's.  No, really, MANY incarnations.

Friends have arrived down the hill from my house.  They have an annual "Workfest" to open their camp and enjoy being friends.  They called tonight to invite me for pie but nooooo, I said I had to go to bed.  That was the wrong decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment