Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Middle of the night musings

Well when you go to sleep early sometimes you wake up well-rested in the middle of the night, craving a cup of coffee to watch a British police show.  The Brits have much more peaceful police shows than we Americans do--no violence, no gore, just a dead body and lots of people figuring out who killed the victim.

It's a nice cool night, too cool for me to sleep in the boat house, comfortable here at home.  We had some very hot, muggy days then all hell broke loose and there were storms while a front came through and now it's clear and cooler.  Quite pleasant.

I went to a retirement luncheon on Monday in Champlain.  Takes a long time to drive to Champlain from here!  It was a nice time, I saw some people I've known for many many years, all library people but we didn't talk about libraries the whole time.  That was nice.  This is an interesting group of people who all have good stories to tell--the director of the library on the reservation, another director who has a gardening/landscaping business on the side, the hostess whose house is on Lake Champlain and has a Lab named Hershey, my former director (who said I was sometimes a pain in the ass but she loved me--to which I replied "You weren't always charming yourself"--I can say things like that, she's not my boss any more), some people I was less than interested in seeing (and didn't have to spend much time with), and many others.  It was a nice time I guess.

Wednesday is a thrift store day, I'll only stay a couple of hours.  Cannot do the entire 5 hours that the store is open, I never had a job in which I was on my feet so I find it quite tiring.  Not to mention being charming while being on my feet.  I do get tired of being charming to strangers but it's something I seem to do well.  Thank you to my father for teaching me that.


No comments:

Post a Comment