Monday, November 12, 2018

SNOW! But just a little bit

We didn't get as much snow as I expected, only ended up with a couple of inches.  Of course it's still here, didn't melt...

I had a good weekend, worked at the thrift store for a couple of hours on Saturday morning.  They needed me in books so I didn't work in receiving, books are much easier to deal with and a lot less tiring.

Went to the dump Saturday afternoon.  It was really windy and snowy a bit.  Some friends were here to take out their dock, they got that done without my help (yay) and we went out for dinner that night in Saranac Lake at the Hotel.  My friends spent the night there instead of their unheated, waterless cabin in the cold.  We had a good dinner and nice visit.  I had a long dark ride home in blowing snow but it wasn't a problem.  I have a good car (Crosstrek) with snow tires.  And a CLEAN Crosstrek too!

Sunday was quiet, I walked with my friend in the morning but the dogs took off on the way home.  BAD DOGS!  My friend found them on her way home, down the hardtop more than a mile away.  We walked the bog again today but I put Treasure on a leash on the way out.  Boy was Bear sad about that.  He doesn't seem to take off from our walks unless she tempts him.

Today is Veterans Day--no mail.  I wrote a letter to my dear niece who is now a Doctor, doing research in Bozeman.  Talked to my mother for a long time, she was very very chatty.  I went to a farm stand, got delicious Fuji apples, carrots, got cider at another stop and picked up a few low-point and pointless vegetables.  Man, Weight Watchers is killing me.  I have so much trouble staying within my daily points!  Tonight's dinner will be scrambled eggs=zero points.

It's 36 degrees outside and there was some sunshine so my living room is HOT, too hot at 73.  I do not like it that hot.  It's much like winter here now, snowy ground and dark afternoons.  Well what do I expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment