Saturday, November 03, 2018

Rain and more rain (good for the well)

We're in the middle of a rainy spell, seems to rain every day and all night.   That is OK with me, water from the sky makes its way to my well eventually (or so I like to think).  No, not really, I know the water in my well comes from the vein underground.  This year was the year of spray foam insulation, I'm hoping next year will be the year of the well.  We'll see how things go.  It's the one thing everyone nags me about ("You should have a well drilled"), but who has thousands of dollars handy?  (Oh I know there are people who do, I'm just not one of them)

It's another middle-of-the-night postings.  I got some good sound sleep for a few hours but woke up at 1 with 2 antsy dogs and decided to get up.  Yes, the dogs get a snack and then get to go outside in the rain but then they collapse into a deep sleep, lucky buggers.  I'll no doubt be asleep soon.  I don't have to be at the thrift store until 9 so I'll get some more sleep.  I'm looking forward to earlier sunrise after tomorrow, I like having light in the early morning.  I used to stay in bed until the last possible minute when I worked, now I get up at least an hour earlier than I need to be anywhere.  I like having a quiet time.  as quiet as it can be with 2 bouncy black dogs.

I got new shoes for my car, snow shoes!  I spent much of yesterday in Plattsburgh--got the tires and had them installed while I waited, then ran a few errands before coming home.  Next week it's back to Plattsburgh to have the poor car detailed and ionized.  When my friend and I have our morning coffee at Stewarts we look at the displays--aspirin, candy, condoms and of course air fresheners in a number of scents.  We were intrigued by the "Black Ice" scent so when I bought my car my friend gave me a Black Ice dangler for my new car.  It finally came in handy this week--VERY handy and is pretty good at masking the Odoban/dog poop smell that has saturated the seats. 

It' supposed to be ("supposed to be") sunny and 40 tomorrow and I have high hopes for finishing my outdoor chores.  Have to get these things done!   Put the mower in the shed, empty the flower pots and put away the deck furniture then finish the boat house closing. 

The birds are eating a feederful every day, mostly chickadees but nuthatches and a few finches as well.  Woodpeckers are chowing down on the suet, blue jays are trying to grab anything they can.  Red squirrels gnaw on the suet but they don't seem to really enjoy eating fat.  Who can blame them?

No comments:

Post a Comment