Wednesday, November 28, 2018

It just won't stop!

I'm guessing we have 2 feet of snow on the ground by now.  It's just snowing and snowing and snowing.  Snowed all night, off & on during the day, still spitting snow now.  Man oh man this is a lot for November.  We won't be seeing bare ground for a long long time.

It's warm, 32 out there now, which will make my shoveling harder in some ways but at least not unpleasant.  I already shoveled the steps once but you'd never guess that.  I think we got 6 more inches last night AFTER my driveway was plowed.  It could use some tidying up but that's not going to happen I'm sure.

Went to Plattsburgh this morning, the roads were good on the way in but were worse on the way home.  Side roads are a problem but nothing dangerous or scary.

My house warms up quickly when I stoke that fire.  The spray foam insulation has made a huge difference and is really a great thing.  I used to lose a ton of heat to the upstairs but the insulation has cut way down on that (no draft coming up from under the house through the floor).  It seems very strange to have such a warm house!

No comments:

Post a Comment