Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Back to life

Things are getting back to normal for me.  Today I went back to the Archives--I haven't been there for something like a month, since before Christmas anyway.  It was nice to be there and the people were wonderful and welcoming.  I spent a lot of time explaining the relationship between my mother and Mark.  He's rented her upstairs for 27 years.  They're friends but more than that, he's her caregiver but not really officially but we're totally dependent on him for her ability to live at home.  They depend on each other so it's a good arrangement.  We are very very lucky.

The weather has changed drastically.  It was -13, -7, now it's 26.  That's PLUS, as they say.  I left the heat too high and boy oh boy is it ever hot in my house.  I lit a fire and it got hot.  Oh dear, I was getting used to negative numbers so now I have re-adjust everything.  But it's supposed to be cold again next week, below zero again.  And a big, oh-so-big and daunting snowstorm coming this weekend.  Oh how I love not having to think about getting around when we have a storm!   The luck of the retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment