Saturday, January 12, 2019

Home sweet home

I came home today, left RI at 8 and got home before 2.  Made great time, not much traffic and very few tractor trailer trucks.  Sunny and clear, an easy trip.  My good friends had lit a fire in my stove, brought in firewood and shoveled my steps for my return.  How wonderful!  The house was 51 but now, 4 hours later is 64.  I've turned up all heaters.  The biggest shock was that no pipes froze!  and the pump is just fine.  I'm thrilled.  It was -8 last night with a high of 7 today.  The sun helped raise the temp in the house but mostly I'm thinking it's the spray foam from the summer.  What a coup!

It's cold tonight too, right now it's 4 and will go below zero I'm sure.  I feel so fortunate.

The dogs are extra happy to be home, they love their lives here.  They've run down the driveway 3 times, disappeared into the woods, scared me because it was so cold out but they're just fine.  They're exhausted and are sleeping soundly.  I hope to be doing that soon.

It was wonderful that I could go to RI so easily and be such a help and support to my mother and Mark.  Mark is doing very well.  He saw the cardiologist who told him he shouldn't go back to work for 3 months.  That did not go over well but he won't get clearance until he passes a stress test and undergoes cardio rehab--that will happen in February.  Well hell, Mark, February isn't far away.

I like knowing that I can make arrangements, thanks to friends to rush to my mother's to be helpful.  She is still coughing but feels better.  I'm still coughing a bit, mostly it's asthma now I think.  What a nasty cold/cough, and it lasted for more than 2 weeks for me.  Ugh.

It's winter in Hawkeye.  And I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment