Saturday, January 19, 2019

Run! Run and hide!

We're expecting a big storm tonight and tomorrow--original predictions were for 12-18 inches of snow, now we've been downgraded to 6-12 inches.  18-24" south of here.  Now THAT'S a lot of snow.  A foot is too much, a big inconvenience but it's cold so at least it will be powdery and easier to handle.  I love being retired and not worrying about getting out when we have storms.  By the time I need to be somewhere the roads (and my driveway) will be plowed.

Life has settled into my happy routine.  The Archives survived without me and we're back to scanning and more scanning.  There is a woman who took a picture of every single house in Keene Valley in the '90's and oh boy we're scanning each one.  B-O-R-I-N-G.  No, really, boring.  There are hundreds of them.  We're maybe halfway through the batch.

I'm up in the early early morning, just couldn't get back to sleep so I got up.  I should be reading the book group book, we're meeting here at my house next Sunday.  That means I have a week to clean and read so what's the hurry?  That should be on my gravestone--What's the hurry?

Dogs are just fine.  I let them out together a couple of times and they didn't go far.  I make a real effort to avoid that but once they got out of the car and took off, another time I deliberately let them out together because I had company and they were being obnoxious.

Today I'll spent a couple of hours at the thrift store then go to the dump and maybe to Jay for birdseed, depending on how much driving I feel like doing.  It's 6 degrees outside right now and due to be below zero after the storm.  We've had a lot of that lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment