Thursday, January 24, 2019

Warm, getting warmer

It's 40 this morning, wow what a difference.  We had some sleet and icy rain last night but nothing too serious so that was lucky.  Now it's warm and supposed to be raining but I don't think it's wet out there.  Of course it's dark so who can tell?

I've been having a good week.  Worked at the Archives, volunteered at the thrift store, visited with friends.  We went out for dinner last night and that was extremely nice.  The roads were bad but my friend drove and he's a good driver so it was all fine.  This morning I'll go to the Archives, hoping the roads are good (but they should be), then I'll meet my visiting friend at the garage where she's dropping off her truck, give her a ride home (down the hill from my house).  Having dinner with her tonight then she leaves for home in DC in the morning, I'll give her a ride to the Plattsburgh airport.  Tomorrow at noon the chimney cleaners are coming.  I realized during the night that I'll have to do some shoveling so they'll have a place to put their ladder to clean the stovepipe.  RATS!   I do not enjoy shoveling!  The snow is waist-deep and there is absolutely no place for them to put the ladder.

It's nice and warm in the house, thank goodness I didn't schedule a cleaning earlier this week because I can't use the stove today or tonight, it has to be cold for them to clean it.

I have to clean the house for book group.  Not really "the house," just the living room and bathroom really.  I have to dust, ugh, the stove throws dust totally and completely on everything in the living room.  Vacuum, sweep, clear off surfaces of clutter.  Won't take long.  I laugh at myself, I don't like to clean much before company comes because it gets so cluttered and full of dog hair quickly.

Life is good, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment