Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Still ailing but bigger fish to fry

I still have a cold--it's better, much better and the fever broke but I still feel like crap.  mostly.  I have to return to RI tomorrow, the man who lives with my mother (Mark) had a heart attack so I'm going down to be with my mother.  Mark is OK, he was transferred to the hospital in Providence and they did whatever they needed to do (details are sketchy) so will probably be home tomorrow but my mother is taking great comfort in knowing that I will be there.  So away I go.  I doubt I'll stay long, probably a long weekend or something like that (a girl can hope).  At least it's supposed to be warm here so I won't worry about frozen pipes.

I had a peaceful New Years Eve, just the kind I like.  I'm finally getting some good, sound sleep so I feel much better.  Or maybe I'm getting good sleep BECAUSE I feel better.  At any rate I'm doing well.  Coughing a lot but it's not bronchitis.  no.

It rained hard last night and all of that is freezing today.  Swell, just perfect.  It's down to 25 and supposedly going down to single digits tonight.  We'll see.  My house is warm.  My favorite radio station is doing its annual Beatles A to Z airplay today.  I listened for hours, finally stopped at Lady Madonna.  Some of the music, given my worrying about Mark and my mother was sad.  Mostly it's just really really nice to hear the songs though.  Oh the voices of those boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment