Monday, December 11, 2006

Beacon in the darkness


Beacon in the darkness
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
I ran the extension cords to my tree of lights yesterday. It's 250 feet from the house, so that's 3 long thick orange extension cords through the woods. This is the effect I wanted: a light in the middle of the woods, away from the lights of the house. I couldn't get the lights very high in the tree, and it's only one strand of lights, but you can see it from the road (barely) and it lights up part of the driveway, as you round the curve toward the house. I guess I shouldn't complain so much and just enjoy the effect I've created. My brother once gave me 2 grapevine balls with battery-operated lights and said the effect he had in mind was two glowing balls in the middle of the forest. That's what I had in mind here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment