Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year's Eve At home, dial-up connection so this is funky. Lake froze over on Friday, late this year but now we are at least into winter. I've been home for 2 days now, the farthest from the house I've been is to the end of the driveway, walking Ken to his truck this noon. He came to visit because he wanted to see another person. Tonight I'll celebrate New Years Eve by visiting him at 5 or so and having a drink, then I'll come home, watch TV and knit until around 11, then bed. I love this life style--early to bed, early to rise, relaxing day. I have a short list of easy tasks (burn trash, vacuum, put up suet feeder, rehang mirror, etc.). Dogs are peaceful and the most demanding things they want from me are to be let out, let in, out again, etc. Constantly all day long but at least it gets me off the couch about 15 times a day. We had snow yesterday, Ken says 5-6 inches but I'm not sure it was that much. It was 12 last night when I went to bed but in the 20's and sunny today so the house was warm. Next tasks: clean fish tank and put new tablecloth on dinner table. Yawn. Or nap. hmmmm. Happy 2007, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment