Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Comfortable spot


Comfortable spot
Originally uploaded by woodsrun.
My friend Barb, who lives in Massachusetts and spends all of August here and is married to a wonderful man who's a judge and is an integral part of our Columbus Day celebration sent me this sloth. We were discussing personality traits during our Columbus Day visit and I said I was a true sloth, then described what I knew about sloths: they cannot stand upright and when they fall to the ground they have to crawl on their bellies; if they perchance should drown their metabolism is so slow that it takes them half an hour to do so; they move so slowly that moss grows on their fur. Next to dogs they are my favorite animal. I was delighted when yesterday's mail included this. I have it perched (appropriately) on top of the television, smiling at me. That's a ceramic greyhoud next to it, part of my paternal grandmother's collection, and a bird's next on the left, one I found this fall. That's my kitchen in the background, what you can see of it. That's the sink, which has a nice window above it, looking out into the encroaching forest

No comments:

Post a Comment